- A new
EntityTypemodel has been added to Arkindex. As a result, Entity Types can now be created, modified and deleted from the frontend by Project administrators. You can also freely set these Entity Types' display colors.
CreateEntityAPI endpoint must now use a
type_idparameter, giving the UUID of an existing Entity Type. The
CreateEntityRoleAPI endpoint now uses the
parent_type_idparameters. See the API documentation for more information.
- A new option is now available for the
CreateEntityAPI endpoint: when sending a request with the
use_existingparameters, if an Entity with the same name and type already exists in the target project, the endpoint will return this Entity instead of creating a new one. See the API documentation for more information.
BuildSearchIndex API endpoint has been added. This re-indexation can be triggered from the frontend, through a new Search tab in the Project details. This endpoint allows project administrators to trigger the (re)building of the index that makes projects searchable. See the API documentation for more information.
In the context of the migration from Worker Versions to Worker Runs as the main identifying source for objects created by Machine Learning processes, the following changes were made:
- It is no longer possible to create new Worker results using a Worker Version ID: a Worker Run ID must be used instead. On the API documentation, the
worker_version_idparameter is flagged as deprecated. See, for example, the CreateClassification endpoint's documentation.
- File import tasks (such as the image import, the PDF import, the import of data from Transkribus) which previously used a Worker Version ID now use a Worker Run ID.
It is now possible to download an available model version from the frontend, from the Models list at
Ponos, an internal component of our architecture, which handles the execution of Worker processes through Docker, and used to exist separately (in a dedicated GitLab repository) has now been integrated to the Arkindex backend code. This integration will allow us to simplify the database structure and API endpoints for Worker execution in future versions, and make new features easier to introduce.
Command Line Interface
- The CSV export through the Command Line Interface now supports exporting entities along with the elements they are linked to. See the CLI documentation for more information, usage instructions and examples.
- The existing Entity export (which exports all the Entities present in a project) has been updated following the introduction of the Entity Type model.
- It is now possible to create a manual transcription with the exact same text as one that already exists but was created by a Worker.
- It is no longer possible to start a Workers process using an unavailable Model Version, or to select an unavailable Model Version in the Process configuration page.
- It is no longer possible to update an existing WorkerRun with an unavailable Model Version through the
finishedattributes of Workflows can no longer be updated by API requests.
Minor frontend improvements
- The Classes list in the Project details now allows copying the Class UUID in one click.
- The Worker Run details modal now displays the Worker Version's creation date.
- The browser notifications about the status of a Process, displayed for example when it is updated from
Completed, now use the Process' name, if a name has been set.