A new minor release is available for Arkindex instances. You can test it on our demo instance: demo.arkindex.org
You can learn more about Arkindex on the official documentation.
Arkindex now supports metadata filters in the
ListElementChildren API endpoints, but also in the frontend. A new Extra filter ⇢ Filter by metadata action will show a modal allowing you to either filter:
- by metadata name (eg. all elements with metadata
- by a specific metadata value (eg. all elements with metadata
But we did not stop there, and Arkindex now also supports a new type of Metadata for Numeric values. This is useful to store confidence scores on elements, or any other numeric value you can think of.
This allows us to support complex filtering for these numeric values:
- equality (by default)
- greater than
- greater than or equal
- less than
- less than or equal
A new delete button is available in the details panel of an element to quickly trigger its deletion. A confirmation modal will be displayed. Similarly, a new button is available in the list of transcriptions on the details panel (right side), to create a new transcription on the selected element.
Finally, we added a quick-action button to create an editable transcription from a transcription produced by a Machine Learning worker.
Search engine update
We are in the process of transitioning away from Elasticsearch towards Solr as our search engine backend. Some instances already have the new search experience enabled on a few projects.
From this release, the automated indexation for Elasticsearch is disabled. Only asynchronous and full-project indexation is now supported.
We have fixed some issues on our last work related to Transkribus imports:
- We do not store the transkribus export file anymore
- The export is only downloaded once, when needed to import data into Arkindex
- The Transkribus import now supports regions without text lines (they were sadly skipped until now)
Finally, we now support rotated images from Transkribus, when the EXIF metadata is correctly set on the images.
- Added support for the new default Gitlab.com branch (
masterare now both supported)
- Added support for custom JSON configuration for workers (this is a beta feature)
- Restricted artifact size to 5 GiB (as our storage backend does not support larger files for now)
- Added a
create_classificationshelper to the Arkindex base worker to create classifications in bulk on a given element.