We are pleased to announce the release of Arkindex version 0.14.2, enabled on our main instance
Workers and processes 🤖
We have now officially deprecated the old workflow system (no more MLTool). These informations were still present in the backend, even though they were not exposed in the frontend. This should not change anything if you upgrade from 0.14.1
A few more updates have been made on this system:
- It’s now possible to filter processes by their state (completed, in error, …)
- Handle classifications creation with a worker version
- A bug was fixed which prevent workers to stop processes when requested
Secrets for processes
Arkindex processes can now use secret values safely (like third party providers credentials).
Those secret values can either be in JSON, YAML or simple text formats; they are encrypted at rest using AES.
They are set by Arkindex instances administrators, through the web admin interface.
More documentation will come soon on this website 📖
We have added a bunch of performance optimizations on the backend:
- Restart automatically workers after a set number of requests to avoid memory leaks
- Optimize the
- Optimize the
New endpoint to create multiple elements
A new API endpoint named
CreateElements is available, allowing developers to create multiple elements at once. It’s made to be really fast, and targeted towards Machine Learning workflows.
More information is available on the API reference
And a lot of effort went into fixing small bugs all over the frontend. Here are the most important and visible changes:
- Do not move onto a created folder
- Display a loading icon instead of displaying previous results when browsing elements
- Fix multiple bugs to support properly
worker_versionon Machine Learning results
- Validate and handle errors in project creation & edition form
- Hide IIIF repositories during workers selection
- Categorize children tree elements by display type value
- Handle transkribus form errors